Online dating can be a great way to meet new people, but it’s not always easy to tell who is genuine and who is not. It’s important to keep a watchful eye out for red flags that could indicate potential problems further down the line. Here are 10 major red flags to look for when checking out someone’s dating profile:
1. No Photo – If someone doesn’t have any pictures on their dating profile, or if they only have one blurry and low-quality photo, this is a huge red flag. It’s possible that the person is hiding something, or they simply may not be serious about online dating.
2. Incomplete Profile – A profile that is incomplete or only half-filled out can be a sign that the person isn’t putting much effort into the process, or is not really looking for something serious.
3. Too Many Demands – If someone’s profile has a long list of demands for their potential matches, this can be a sign that they are high maintenance, picky, or simply looking for someone to fulfill their every desire.
4. Disrespectful Language – If a person’s profile includes any disrespectful or derogatory language, including racial slurs, this is a red flag that they may not respect others’ boundary and are potentially dangerous.
5. A Long List Of Exclusions – People who have a long list of exclusions about what they don’t want in a match, rather than stating what they are looking for, may be setting some unrealistic expectation and may not be worth pursuing.
6. Talking About One’s Sexual Preferences – Talking too much about one’s sexual preferences, particularly in graphic detail or out of the context in which it is being discussed, is a huge red flag for someone who could be a sex predator.
7. Too Good to Be True – If someone is the perfect ‘10’ in every category on their dating profile, this could be a sign that they are not genuine and are trying to make themselves seem more attractive in order to scam potential partners.
8. Contradicting Information – Information on the profile that contradicts itself, like their age range or which genres of music they like, is a major red flag that could indicate that the person is trying to cover up the truth about themselves.
9. Multiple Misspellings – Multiple misspellings in a person’s profile could be indicative of them being uneducated, absent-minded, or unprofessional.
10. Asking for Money – Anyone who uses a dating platform to ask for money is not someone who can be trusted, more often than not they are after a quick method of obtaining money from their targets.
It’s always important to be mindful when dating online, do not ignore the red flags and always use your judgement carefully. Remember that the primary goal is to find a loving and caring partner, not just someone noteworthy to talk to online. By heeding the warning signs and taking time to get to know your potential partners, you will areas that informed decisions on who deserves a chance with you.
*Join swaGGerscan here